[wp-hackers] once again about upgrade check (but smth diffrent)

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Tue Sep 15 10:25:16 UTC 2009

Thats what the Local Package var is for.

Ie:
http://api.wordpress.org/core/version-check/1.3/?version=2.8.4&php=5.0&locale=pl_PL&mysql=5.0&local_package=pl_PL

What that API result is telling you, Is that pl_PT 2.8.4 is available,
Whilst you are running en_US version (as no local_package is set) with the
WPLANG set to pl_PT

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 19:57:43 +1000, Konrad Karpieszuk
<kkarpieszuk at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi
> I test myself how behave api of wordpress for checking upgrades.
>
> when type in browser url bar:
> http://api.wordpress.org/core/version-check/1.3/?version=2.8.4&php=5.0&locale=en_US&mysql=5.0
>
> it says that i have latest wp version.
>
> but when i change locale to polish:
>
> http://api.wordpress.org/core/version-check/1.3/?version=2.8.4&php=5.0&locale=pl_PL&mysql=5.0
>
> it says that i have to upgrade but also shows me that newest is 2.8.4
> pl_PL.
>
> why? is it a bug?
>
> also i found report with thesame problem (with function apply_filters(
> 'core_version_check_locale', get_locale() ); which is used in
> wp_version_check) at forum
> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/302577?replies=2
>
> api says something bad if locale is different than en_US

Dion Hulse
e: contact at dd32.id.au
w: http://dd32.id.au/
m: 04 6621 9112 (+614 6621 9112)