[wp-hackers] Quest for Self Pingbacks

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Sep 1 15:27:51 UTC 2009

No, the to_ping column only holds manual trackback values you inserted
on a post.

You should look for a meta_key on the post named "_pingme". That gets
set for new posts, and the do_all_pings function processes those posts
for links and then does the pingbacks for them.

pinged + to_ping = trackbacks.
_pingme = pingbacks.

-Otto