[wp-hackers] Suggestion: option to backup database and files before upgrading WordPress

Xavier Borderie xavier at borderie.net
Tue Oct 27 09:44:01 UTC 2009

Aah, "rollback", that's the keyword I couldn't remember while writing
that long explanation. Would've saved me a couple paragraphs :)

And thus, there's a ticket already:
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10666
...albeit it didn't get much traction.

I'd vote for changed from "Future Release" to "3.0". Other projects
implement it already, it would be a shame to see WP lag behind.

-x.

2009/10/27 scribu <scribu at gmail.com>:
> A rollback mechanism was discussed in a dev-meet in September I think.
> Don't know if there's a ticket for it alreay or not.
>
> --
> http://scribu.net

Xavier Borderie