[wp-hackers] Why were the image tooltips removed?

Bryan Harley bryanharley at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 01:16:03 UTC 2009

I'm sure this question was asked and answered a while ago, but I can't
seem to find it through searching.

On the post screen there used to be pretty tooltips when you hovered
over the icons for "Add an Image," "Add a Video," etc.  Then after one
update, they were suddenly gone.  I hate explaining to clients how to
find the button to add an image, because it's just an icon with no
descriptive text.  At least the tooltip provided a big blatant label
when hovering.  Plus it looked nice.

Always wondering why it was removed....