[wp-hackers] checking if post has shortcode, before header is output?

Aaron D. Campbell aaron at xavisys.com
Mon Oct 26 18:59:43 UTC 2009

I still think it would be better to add the JS from the shortcode
handler rather than trying to mess with the_content, the_post,
$wp_query, $post, etc.  Since it's enqueued inside the shortcode handler
you KNOW the shortcode is being executed.  The only drawback is that the
JS needs to go in the footer rather than the header, but as far as I
know this is actually the recommended way of loading JS so you should
code for that anyway.