[wp-hackers] Trac should not automatically CC commenters

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Sat Oct 24 20:41:14 UTC 2009

On 24 Oct 2009, at 19:10, Stephen Rider wrote:

> I'm subscribed to the wp-trac list, and I sometimes comment or
> contribute to tickets.  When I do so, I'm sent an email every time
> there is another change to those tickets.  (I have NOT hit the "add
> to cc" button.)
>
> This is really annoying, as I'm already getting those changes via wp-
> trac.  With the separate auto-CC I now receive two copies of every
> single change notice for every ticket I've touched.
>
> Is there a way to change this behavior?  (And please don't say "just
> filter you email".  Yes I'm sure it can be done [though the emails
> are virtually identical], but that doesn't address misbehavior and a
> false assumption on the part of the Trac system.)

As far as I know, you get these emails because you have configured as
email address in your trac preferences - https://core.trac.wordpress.org/prefs

If you remove that I believe you will get no more emails.

I find this feature quite useful as it lets me filter the volume of
email I receive from the WordPress trac into two separate folders -
one for tickets I have shown a direct interest in and one for the
firehose of every change which can at times get quite busy!

westi
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5