[wp-hackers] WordPress as CMS (was: wordpress security)

Ade Walker photofantaisie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 21:21:04 UTC 2009

I agree 100% with Nathan here.

As a moderator on the Studiopress.com forums (I'm writing in my personal
capacity, not as a spokesperson for Studiopress, by the way), I can honestly
say that 90% of Studiopress customers I deal with are NOT bloggers in the
traditional sense. They are building sites for small businesses (sometimes
not so small), community sites, real estate agency sites, church sites, etc
- and many users are not end-users either, they are web
designers/consultants selling WP as CMS to their clients who, in turn, are
mostly small businesses.

Ok, it is, perhaps, more likely that users of premium themes will not be
traditional bloggers, but my point is that there are very many people who
use WP to build a "web site", not a "blog". I deal with them every day. We
cannot, and should not, ignore this fact.

Back to more practical issues, +1 to replacing existing "blog" terminology
in the backend with something more generic! :-)

Ade.