[wp-hackers] WordPress as CMS (was: wordpress security)

mark waterous mark at watero.us
Thu Oct 22 04:57:17 UTC 2009

Personally, I like Ozh's take on this;
http://planetozh.com/blog/2009/09/the-definitive-guide-to-using-wordpress-as
-a-cms/

Your analogy does make sense, but it's a little broader than that, isn't it?
When you say 'Coffee', everybody knows that you mean that black substance
(of varying thickness) that helps some people stay up late and get work
done, and others maintain a constant state of vibration. When you say 'CMS',
or Content Management System, you can't pigeon hole the coffee pot that
makes your content. Wordpress IS a CMS. It manages content. Plain and
simple. It may not offer the same features as some other CMS' do, but that
doesn't mean it's not a kitchen utensil, just like Drupal or Joomla. It's
just a different kitchen utensil.

As I alluded to (maybe I didn't?) in my earlier post to the thread, I agree
with everybody saying that changing the naming conventions currently being
used is more important than stripping available functionality. I couldn't in
my wildest dreams envision the desire to remove my Posts ability.
-Mark