[wp-hackers] WordPress as CMS (was: wordpress security)

Jason Benesch jason at realestatetomato.com
Wed Oct 21 21:50:27 UTC 2009

You didn't make any sense.

"But the generic "page" dynamic within WordPress is way too immature
for it to realistically be anything other than a "blog" at this point
in time."

"I personally look forward to the day when somebody figures out that
comments and even links are really just another form of post, with
their own taxonomy."

Aren't pages " just another form of posts" as well?  You really don't think
WP can be used for anything other than blog?  Seriously?

I mean I completely understand your point (and I think it is an important
one, that being picking out software specific to your needs), but aren't
posts the same exact thing as pages?  Or really the other way around...

It seems to me that you could literally copy the page.php template file on
to the single.php template file and have a complete CMS that you only need
to update once or twice a month.

You could filter the admin menu, and change the instances of post to
something else if that is your fancy, but I use WP for a standalone website
platform all the time.  For hundreds of different projects that don't have
anything to with blogging.

Jason Benesch

Real Estate Tomato
Co-owner