[wp-hackers] WordPress as CMS (was: wordpress security)

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 21:15:18 UTC 2009

Otto:
Seems to me that folks are primarily advocating for WordPress(.org) to
be seen as a self-installable incarnation of the service offered by
providers such as Squarespace (http://www.squarespace.com/), wherein
you simply create a website and along with that comes comments,
forums, photo galleries, polls, and yes, even blogging capabilities.

I'm not saying I necessarily agree with the thinking, but I must say
that in almost all cases, when my customers ask for something
web-related, my first thought is generally "Can I make WordPress do
this easily and cheaply?".   To date, I think my answer has been "yes"
around 75-85% of the time (employee locators, process certification
database, occasionally-update brochureware site, intranet "portal",
etc.).

--
-Doug
http://literalbarrage.org/blog/