[wp-hackers] Distributed Pairprogramming for Wordpress development?

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 12:08:52 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Eike Starkmann <
eike.starkmann at fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Perhaps you made some bad experiences, with pair programming and it is
> good that you share it, but there are a lot of people who have made
> different experiences and find it very useful.

Which is all well and good, if the point of the exercise is training up
newcomers.  However, if the intent is to produce clean, bug-free code in a
fast and efficient manner, what Otto pointed out is true in many/most
situations: you're going to handcuff a gifted programmer and produce worse
code, slower.

It's fine and dandy to do pair programming if you want to initiate knowledge
transfer (what we used to call "teaching"), but as I said, it's not exactly
the best when it comes to clean code, quickly developed.

--
-Doug
http://literalbarrage.org/blog/