[wp-hackers] wordpress security

Hal Burgiss hal at burgiss.net
Fri Oct 16 14:20:49 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 09:24:00AM -0400, Sharon Chambers wrote:
> I had a site go down last night, and I think it’s a domain problem;
> however, when I was on tech support with my hosting provider last night, he
> mentioned more than once that Wordpress had some major security issues.

What versions did he mention? Way older ones yes, newer ones none of
significance (that have surfaced). The good thing about the internet is that
anybody can say anything. The bad thing about the internet is that anybody can
say anything.

There is always things like weak passwords and loose file permissions, but
that is nothing about WP in particular.

I run about 30 sites based on WP and have had zero problems for quite a while.
A few of these are < 2.5 (patched/upgraded piecemeal). Most are 2.6 or 2.7
(difficult to upgrade for various reasons).

--
Hal