[wp-hackers] wordpress security

Thomas Belknap dragonfly at dragonflyeye.net
Fri Oct 16 13:33:07 UTC 2009

Sharon,

I would say that right before your system went down, the PHP interpreter
borked and you got that output. I have never seen that happen with
WordPress, nor can I think of a way that it might.

I'll leave it to others more knowledgeable on the security in's and out's to
describe security in detail. But every piece of software has security issues
from time to time and WordPress is no different. WordPress is frequently
updated to patch these holes, but not everything is caught. That's
development for you.

But I doubt if anything as nuanced as this is what the tech was talking
about. I suspect, as a person whose done time on the phones, that the tech
was stumped and looking for an excuse to not blame his company.