[wp-hackers] jQuery Error in IE but not FF

Mike Walsh mpwalsh8 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 10:21:14 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 1:40 AM, Andrew Ozz <admin at laptoptips.ca> wrote:
> Mike Walsh wrote:
>>
>> Message: Invalid argument. Line: 19 Char: 35190 Code: 0 URI:
>
> Perhaps add define('SCRIPT_DEBUG', true); to wp-config to be able to see the
> exact place it breaks. Also look in the IE8 js console for more info.

I turned SCRIPT_DEBUG on and it made it a little easier, but not much,
to figure out what is wrong.  The jQuery libraries are packed so all
of the code appears on one line.  I can noarrow it down to the Sizzle
CSS Selector Engine:

Message: Invalid argument.
Line: 19
Char: 35190
Code: 0
URI: http://localhost/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.3.2

/*
 * Sizzle CSS Selector Engine - v0.9.3
 *  Copyright 2009, The Dojo Foundation
 *  Released under the MIT, BSD, and GPL Licenses.
 *  More information: http://sizzlejs.com/
 */

LIne 19 contains 39657 characters - all of the code is on one line and
obviously too much to post here in wp-hackers.  You can see the code
by looking at jquery.js in your WordPress install, my development
version on my laptop is at:
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wordpress284\wp-includes\js\jquery

My problem seems to be in draggable or droppable.  I disabled some of
my JS that preloads a theme setting to see if I could help isolate the
problem and the page loads correctly.  As soon as I drop an element
the Debugger kicks in this code begining at chatacter 35190.  At that
character the following code is flagged

{E.elem.style[E.prop]=E.now+E.unit}

There is no obvious mapping from the code above to the actual SizzleJS
source code to gain any insight from:

http://github.com/jeresig/sizzle/blob/415e466f70e5a53f589161b1f2944e5485007409/sizzle.js

I am guessing I have some sort of a JS selector problem but am not
sure how to track it down.

Mike