[wp-hackers] Categories, Permalinks and wp_list_categories

Lari Elovainio lari at kairo.fi
Thu Oct 15 10:17:39 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have a problem with the Wordpress policy of preferring lower ID
categories in permalinks. I have a few special categories that I use
for highlighting posts on the home page and on category pages. These
categories now show up in the url instead of newer categories I have
created. It also seems that the new categories are not given the
current-cat class by wp_list_categories function.

Is there a way to get Wordpress ignore my special categories in these
cases? I would not like to be forced to recreate the special
categories every time I add new regular categories.

Lari