[wp-hackers] looking for opinions on php5-only plugins

Coen Jacobs coenjacobs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 00:20:47 UTC 2009

like Otto mentioned before, you could check for PHP5 support before allowing
the plugin to be activated.

Cheers, Coen

Sent from my Android mobile.

On 8 Oct 2009 02:16, "Silverstein, Jesse" <Jesse.Silverstein at xerox.com>
wrote:

Along these lines, is there an easy/safe way to check if a const
variable in a class will be accessed properly, versus throwing a fatal
error? It seems like some_method(ClassName::CONST_VAR); will throw a
fatal error in PHP 4 (I'm assuming because class constants are not
supported in 4). So, instead of checking for PHP version 5 or greater,
how would I check specifically for constant variable support?

-----Original Message----- From: wp-hackers-bounces at lists.automattic.com[mailto:
wp-hackers-bounces...
10/07/09 05:18:00