[wp-hackers] [OT] Testing needed for WordTrails plugin from Xerox

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Sat Oct 3 18:57:01 UTC 2009

Hi Venkatesh,

Thanks for commenting on the list. It's nice to hear the background as
to why your team built the WordTrails plugin.

But don't be too discouraged by the negative comments. It's just the
nature of open-source mailing lists for many participants to react
knee-jerk negatively to any significantly new concept presented.  I've
experienced the same and was at first seriously dismayed but came
realize it's just the nature of the beast. I've learned the list is
best used to discuss how to use existing implementations and not as a
sounding board for new ideas.

If you've got a solution that introduces a new paradigm and you find
it works well addressing tangible use cases you've experienced then
more power to you. Go ahead and evolve it as you'd best see fit.  It
may or may not take the world by storm if you create it but it
certainly won't if negative criticism from the list causes you to
abandon your efforts. I look forward to your success.

-Mike Schinkel