[wp-hackers] The WordPress Logo Font

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sat Oct 3 01:16:16 UTC 2009

When i need half a dozen characters to fit in with a logo, I usually find
a site as this, Which allows you to get a preview of text in a font:
http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/emigre/mrs-eaves/

Then take that image, and then turn it into a vector (Last time i just
used http://vectormagic.com/, It blew it up into a much higher res bitmap
for me).

Whilst its against the license of the font, When its just to make a few
alterations to a logo for your purposes and a substituted font doesn't
look right, I figure, Someone has already payed for the font usage with
this logo.. the logo should've come with the font included..

On Sat, 03 Oct 2009 01:28:22 +1000, conorp_gr at hotmail.com
<conorp_gr at hotmail.com> wrote:

> G'day guys,
>
> I'm wondering why the WordPress logo uses the Mrs Eaves
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrs_Eaves) font, considering it is a
> 'premium' paid font, and is not under the GPL.  This particularly
> annoyed me today as I was trying to add text next to the WordPress Logo,
> (http://img.skitch.com/20091002-p49qc4as27hi4udwabf9xmu83u.jpg) and
> could not do so, since a different font looked out of place.

Dion Hulse
e: contact at dd32.id.au
w: http://dd32.id.au/
m: 04 6621 9112 (+614 6621 9112)