[wp-hackers] [OT] Testing needed for WordTrails plugin from Xerox

Silverstein, Jesse Jesse.Silverstein at xerox.com
Thu Oct 1 15:44:29 UTC 2009

Hi WordPress community members:

I am part of a team at the Xerox Innovation Group, and we've just
released a powerful plugin called "WordTrails" in beta.  I am emailing
this group to solicit volunteers to help us test it a bit before we
officially change the version number from 0.9.x to 1.0.

WordTrails allows you to very easily blaze arbitrary paths (with
branches and loops) through a WP blog. Readers can follow these trails
through a "bird's eye view" Flash trailmap and a "worm's eye view"
sidebar widget. They can also linearize and convert a trail to a PDF
with one click.

So WordTrails basically overlays a highly flexible navigation scheme on
a WP blog, and simultaneously turns it into a sort of one-click ebook
publishing system.

I'd like to invite you to check out and install the plugin
(http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordtrails). You can see it in
action at http://blog.trailmeme.com (click on the 'Trails' page). You
can also try it out for yourself before installing, on our sandbox blog
(open registration): http://blog.trailmeme.com/sandbox

WordTrails is part of the ecosystem of a larger technology set called
Xerox Trails, which includes a destination site at www.trailmeme.com
<http://www.trailmeme.com/>  that is currently in invite-only beta. For
more background go to: http://blog.trailmeme.com/new-to-trails/

Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback, or encounter
any bugs. Feel free to forward this email to any serious bloggers using
self-hosted WordPress. We've spent a year developing this plugin, and
are really eager to see what you guys do with it!

Jesse Silverstein

Jesse.Silverstein at xerox.com

On behalf of the Xerox Trails team

Xerox Research Center, Webster