[wp-hackers] what if i will import sql file with database?

Konrad Karpieszuk kkarpieszuk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 17:11:52 UTC 2009

ok, we are after moving databases and... it doesn't work :)

i dumped mysql database (mysqldump) at old server and put it on new
server. i also copied plugins and themes folder (images for this
moment wasnt moved)

everything looks great except of wp-admin which we cannot achieve.
when i try to log in, i write there login and password, click to log
in and wordpress again shows me login page

if i put wrong password it shows me info that password was wrong. this
must be some problem with session but why and what?

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 6:44 PM, Harish Narayanan
<harish.mlists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Konrad Karpieszuk wrote:
>> hello
>>
>> we plan to move our wordpress installation with tons of posts, plugins
>> and images to new hosting with new domain.
>>
>> we just made copy of database with mysqldump and we want to put it on
>> new web server, where new installation of wordpress is installed (we
>> will remove automatically created database and we will change settings
>> in wp-config.php). also we plan to import everything from /wp-content
>>
>> what should we expect? :) for sure will be problem with domain. in
>> which cell in mysql it is saved? what ellse?
>
> Following the steps you describe, everything should be fine, except
> you'll find your site magically remembering the old domain and
> constantly jumping to it (like if you try to log-in to wp-admin).
>
> In order to get around this, I used to change the site URL in a couple
> of places in the database, but upon some googling,
>
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=moving+wordpress+to+a+new+domain
>
> I see that it can be done by adding the following to your wp-config.php
>
> define('WP_SITEURL', 'http://newdomain.pl');
> define('WP_HOME', 'http://newdomain.pl');
>
> Harish

(en) regards / (pl) pozdrawiam