[wp-hackers] Ethical question about automatic Trackback/Pingback upon Import

Wes Funderberg wes at funderberg.com
Fri Nov 27 23:02:06 UTC 2009

All,

 My question is that of an ethical nature about automatically sending a
trackback/pingback whenever a user imports a file containing post
information with the trackback/pingback URL. What I would like to know is
that while it could be done, would it be ethical to do this behind the scene
or should the import user always decide if they want to send a
trackback/pingback to the original author.

 The reason behind this is to ensure that the original content author gets
credit but also is notified whenever someone will use their excerpted
content on their own blog.

Thank you!!!

Wes Funderberg
Since 1971