[wp-hackers] SEO, How to turn off paged comments for search engine crawlers?

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Thu Nov 19 15:42:18 UTC 2009

On Nov 18, 2009, at 1:12 PM, Dan Gayle wrote:

> Linking to a specific comment is easy. Most all comments are given
> #ids, so it's simply a matter of using a url fragment identifier like
> this:
>
> http://example.com/post/#commentId

Sorry if I didn't explain my completely what I meant.

Yes, I'm aware of using URL fragments on comment pages but that's not what I was looking for.  URL with fragments identifying a comment load a post with comments, not a single comment.

I was proposing functionality that would allow each comment to be displayed by itself on a page. This would allow each comment to be separately indexed by Google and each comment would have a different profile in the search results page than it would as one tiny bit of a post with all comments.

-Mike Schinkel
WordPress Custom Plugins
http://mikeschinkel.com/custom-wordpress-plugins/