[wp-hackers] Codex Question

Lynne Pope lynne.pope at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 23:02:05 UTC 2009

2009/11/9 Eric Marden <wp at xentek.net>

> I found a section of the codex that encourages a core hack to customize the
> Read More link:
>
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Customizing_the_Read_More#Link_Jumps_to_More_or_Top_of_Page
>
> Should I leave it for legacy reasons, or edit it out?

I'd remove it. There's information given on how to override the default in
the theme's functions.php (which should stay) but the Codex, IMO, should not
be encouraging core hacks. The core hacks are for WP 2.7.1 and lower and
WordPress has moved on from there. If you want to preserve it for legacy
purposes it would probably be better off being copied into a forum thread so
anyone searching for outdated info for some reason, can still find it.

Lynne
--
http://twitter.com/elpie/