[wp-hackers] custom Edit Pages screens

Steve Taylor steve at sltaylor.co.uk
Sat Nov 7 21:11:45 UTC 2009

I'm working with a site with a lot of pages, some sectioned off into
distinct areas. It's becoming unmanageable to work with a specific
section, tabbing to the right page of the Edit Pages list all the time
- and it'd be unmanageable in a different way if I increased or
removed the pages-per-screen limit.

I thought it'd be good to add some custom Edit Pages screens to the
Pages menu in admin, each one only showing descendents of particular
pages that are the parents for separate sections of the site.

After looking into edit-pages.php for a while, I can't see an obvious
way to use this code (hooks, includes, whatever). I'm heading towards
copying it wholesale and tweaking. Anyone got a better idea?

thanks,

Steve Taylor