[wp-hackers] How to number the paged comments in theme Was: Tutorial for custom Walker_Comment ?

William Canino william.canino at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 5 06:55:11 UTC 2009

Hello,

I figured the first one by myself, but now I am quite stuck.

1. My theme has no nested comments, but uses <ol> instead of <ul>

How do I number the paged comments (<ol start="?"> to maintain comment
numbering. For example, if I chose 10 comments per page, the comments
at page two will start at 11. How do I get that 11?

2. I want to echo my <div class="navigation"><?php
paginate_comments_links() ?></div> only if there is actual comment
paging.  What condition should I test?  I'm stuck because
paginate_comments_links doesn't seem to support $before and $after.

Have a good evening, everyone.

P.S. Is there an automattic discussion list particularly for theme developers?