[wp-hackers] Handling cookies with wp-plugin and wp-supercache

Konrad Karpieszuk kkarpieszuk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 14:17:53 UTC 2009

> Instead of modifying wp-cache-phase1.php you can use one of the
> cacheactions. You'll be able to add a supercache plugin in the
> wp-super-cache/plugins folder that uses that hook. You should probably move
> the plugins folder out of that directory as the next time you update it'll
> delete your plugin.
>
> Doing this will make it easier to upgrade the plugin.

Donncha, could you describe it (maybe create some small tutorial) somewhere
how to do this? I think this will help for numerous wordpress plugins
develeopers :) Your plugin (wp super cache) is really popular and in
internet many times i saw questions from plugins developers that their
plugins doesn't work if wp super cache is installed. Most of them finally
decide to write in FAQ to disable wp super cache (truelly i did it also).
But this is not good solutions, especially if your plugin is ready to handle
this problem. Not everybody read source code of your plugin to find solution
and today i first time see that it is possible to set and read cookie with
wp super cache enabled :)

If you will decide to write this (even shortly) i promise to help you in
translating it into polish language.

--
(en) regards / (pl) pozdrawiam
Konrad Karpieszuk