[wp-hackers] dynamic post passwords

netkickstart at gmail.com netkickstart at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 20:07:22 UTC 2009

The introduction of the post_password_required function in 2.7
was a great idea, but it's unfortunate it doesn't have a hook.

I'd like to be able to check the post password on the fly such
that it could handle a number of valid answers (kind of like a
captcha for viewing posts, for example).

One hack might be to use the_password_form filter to check the
password, but then you'd have duplicate either the_content or
the_excerpt, as the output is immediately returned.  Yuck.

Any other thoughts?  I hope I'm just overcomplicating things.

Thanks,
-Erin