[wp-hackers] template checks

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Wed May 27 21:31:37 GMT 2009

RE theme authors deliberately omitting it --

Maybe have some way for theme authors to *explicitly* omit header/
footer -- thus you could check for either wp_footer OR the omission
statement.  If neither is there, give the warning.

stoopid example:  wp_footer('omit')

Since it's probably fairly rare for a theme to deliberately leave it
out, I think this would work nicely -- give the warning while allowing
an out for themers who really don't want it.

--
Stephen Rider
http://striderweb.com/