[wp-hackers] Formatting applied to Shortcode content

Nathan Rice ncrice at gmail.com
Mon May 25 05:52:12 GMT 2009

Despite the fact that it's not supposed to, for some reason, WordPress is
applying wpautop() and wptexturize() to the content of my shortcodes.

[shortcode]
Some text "with some quotes" plus a line break
2 line breaks after this line.

'and a last line with single quotes'
[/shortcode]

on the front end.

This is the function I'm using to parse the shortcode content (very simple):

function gsh_shortcode($atts, $content=null) {
$output = '<pre>'.$content.'</pre>';
return $output;
}

As you can see, I'm not applying the functions myself.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here? Am I missing some filter
that I need to add/remove?

Nathan

My Website
http://www.nathanrice.net/