[wp-hackers] Hide admin page?

Jeremy Clarke jer at simianuprising.com
Tue May 19 16:56:55 GMT 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 8:46 PM, Bryan Harley <bryanharley at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to hide certain pages in the admin menu that I won't use for a
> client's site.  For example, hide "Posts."
>
> How can I accomplish this?

Several good ideas already. Just for the sake of argument here are two more:

1 - If you add a file called admin.css to the active theme then it
will be included in all admin pages. So if you're confident the site
will have the same theme consistently installed (likely since it
doesn't show posts!) you can add the CSS there. 10000% better than
editing a core file (!!!) and easier than plugin code.

2 - If you want to remove the ability to edit posts entirely you could
install the Role Manager plugin and remove the post-related
capabilities from all the roles, thus making the links actually not
show up rather than just being hidden. It would also let you/admins
(any role you decide) still see the links in case you need to do some
diagnostics or whatever, while hiding it from the mass of users (who
you don't want to confuse).

--
Jeremy Clarke | http://simianuprising.com
Code and Design | globalvoicesonline.org