[wp-hackers] wp_specialchars() vs attribute_escape() ( now esc_attr() ) and quote entity-encoding

Aaron D. Campbell aaron at xavisys.com
Thu May 14 18:11:16 GMT 2009

I recently put up a WordPress based site for Harvard Law, and they are
REALLY strict about XSS (they have an IBM scanning tool that they use
regularly to detect this stuff).  Heavy usage of attribute_escape helped
a LOT.  I can't think of any reason not to enforce the additional level
of security (for now at least...but I'll continue to think on it).  I
actually think it's a great idea.