[wp-hackers] Pull Latest Post from Each of 6 Categories

Nathan Rice ncrice at gmail.com
Mon May 4 21:42:37 GMT 2009

I was wondering if there are any WP_Query hackers out there who might be
able to help me achieve what I'm looking to achieve here.

I have a site which has a section on the homepage that pulls the latest post
from each of 6 different categories.  As of now, I'm running 6 separate
instances of WP_Query to get the latest post from each of the 6 categories.

I would very much like to reduce this down to only a single query, if
possible.

Is there any combination of parameters I can pass to "new WP_Query" in order
to get it to return the latest post from each of the 6 categories.

If so, that would be awesome.

Thanks!
Nathan

My Website