[wp-hackers] Is WP back end supposed to work without JavaScript?

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Fri May 1 16:11:20 GMT 2009

Well, I would agree with you on all counts. The WP back end is clearly
in violation of the WCAG... But what should we do about it?

The first thing to do would probably be WP Powers that Be to commit to
making WP's back end WCAG compatible, or at least to agree that if it
isn't, it's a serious bug. The next step would be to identify the
actual WCAG violations, which would probably require an expert on
accessibility (rather than someone like me making guesses) doing an
assessment.

Then of course, to fix the issues, which we can all participate in and
is probably doable. For instance, the separate "Media" page allows you
to upload a file and edit the caption, etc., all without use of
JavaScript (it's klunky and you cannot attach it to a post, but as a
proof of concept, it's there).

     --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com