[wp-hackers] GSOC - A Couple of Ideas

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Sat Mar 28 19:03:19 GMT 2009

"Stephen Rider" <wp-hackers at striderweb.com> wrote:
> My recommendation is that plugin backend interface should be
> designed to fully integrate with the Admin section, rather
> than screaming "Hey! I'm a plugin!".  I don't need to be
> reminded what's a plugin and what's not -- I just want the
> functionality.

While in general I agree, there is the standard case of "I just installed a plugin and I know I did, but now I have no idea where to configure it."  There is also the case of "I am looking at this site and trying to decide what functionality is core and what is a plugin so I can decide what I loose if I disable a given plugin."  So there are several different ways to look at it.

-Mike Schinkel
Organizer; Atlanta Web Entrepreneurs
http://atlantawebenterpreneurs.org
http://twitter.com/mikeschinkel