[wp-hackers] Widgets and a question related to a general roadmap of wordpress

Bjorn Wijers burobjorn at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 14:28:55 GMT 2009

Hi,

I would like to extend the widgets in such a way that a widget can be used
several times in sidebars. I have heard about plugins that allow this, but I
would like to offer a patch that could be incorporated in the WP core. Presuming
this is something that should become part of the WP core.

After searching around I noticed that some work is being done on the way widgets
work, but I cannot find a more general document / discussion around the goal for
the widgets. This brings me a more general question: Is there an actual
development (vision) roadmap for Wordpress available? The roadmap on
trac.wordpress.org seems to be focussed around bugs and not about a vision for
future WP versions.

All the best,

grtz
BjornW