[wp-hackers] A portfolio/cv theme framework.

Simon Vansintjan svansintjan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 03:38:19 GMT 2009

In short yes.

I was thinking of having a look at a way of making it easier for plugins
that work with video playing sites to be incorporated, as well as making it
easier to create an image gallery, slideshow, etc. Making sure a
CV/Portfolio framework is geared towards these types of insertions, and
making it easy, makes me think that it could be quite useful.

Like I said, the main idea behind making a framework for this type of site
is for people who want to maintain a site, but don't necessarily have the
savyness that most theme developers have. By giving them the tools to do so,
and optimizing those tools, they don't have to worry about these things.
Perhaps within the Wordpress panel, a simple GUI system that allows the user
to do some very simple manipulation of the css file without actually having
to dig into the css. Always leaving the css to be edited manually if the
user feels crafty.

What do you think?

Simon