[wp-hackers] Front-end Editting

scribu scribu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 19:03:16 GMT 2009

> Though some testing proves that it doesn't work nicely with shortcodes and
> plugins that filter the_content :)
>
> scribu wrote:
>> Here is a beta of the plugin. Please try it out!
>>
>> Front End Editor 0.5b<http://scribu.net/files/front-end-editor.zip>
>>
>> It works with post titles and post content, for now. To edit something,
>> double-click. It should work with any theme, out of the box.
>>
>> Let me know what you think. (Please remember that this is just a beta,
>> though).

I've fixed the filter issue and several smaller ones. You can download the
plugin here: http://scribu.net/wordpress/front-end-editor/fee-0-5.html

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 6:48 PM, Eric Marden <wp at xentek.net> wrote:

> I'm using Flutter for this: http://flutter.freshout.us/
>
> Its still somewhere between alpha and beta, but so far its relatively
> stable. Edit in Place is only one of the hot tricks up its sleeve. It also
> includes Custom Write Panels, and some ajax-y layout management. Its got a
> ways to go, but if you don't mind your hands getting sticky in the codez, it
> might just work for you.

OT: The reason I don't use complex plugins like Flutter or Pods is because
if the plugin is abandoned, your Flutter based site is screwed.

--
http://scribu.net