[wp-hackers] Quantity of Queries - Performance

John Sessford john at imjsolutions.com
Fri Mar 27 02:39:01 GMT 2009

I have a client who is experiencing some serious performance issues. In some
cases, 30+ seconds for a single page load.  We discovered that a single page
load is making ~275 queries, which seems to be an incredibly large quantity
considering the other sites I tested make less than 30 queries.

Any suggestions for tracking down the offending code, or producing a log of
the queries being made during the page lifecycle?

John Sessford