[wp-hackers] Private Functions and PhpDoc

Charles K. Clarkson cclarkson at htcomp.net
Thu Mar 26 06:22:32 GMT 2009

Hello,

I am updating the phpDocs for the wp-includes/post.php file and I have
noticed quite a few functions which start with a leading underscore
are not marked as private. Is this a phpDoc omission or are these
unmarked functions in some kind of transition?

I have a lot of other (phpDoc) changes to make in this patch and would
rather include these changes if they are needed.

For Example:

_future_post_hook() is marked private (second line).
[snip]
  * @since 2.3.0
  * @access private
  *
  * @param int $deprecated Not Used. Can be set to null.
  * @param object $post Object type containing the post information
  */
function _future_post_hook($deprecated = '', $post) {
[snip]

_save_post_hook() is *not* marked private.
[snip]
  * @since 2.3.0
  * @uses $wp_rewrite Flushes Rewrite Rules.
  *
  * @param int $post_id The ID in the database table for the $post
  * @param object $post Object type containing the post information
  */
function _save_post_hook($post_id, $post) {
[snip]

TIA,

Charles Clarkson
--