[wp-hackers] WordPress Version Numbers for BackPress

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Tue Mar 24 22:11:29 GMT 2009

On 24 Mar 2009, at 13:50, Matt Martz wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Charles K. Clarkson
> <cclarkson at htcomp.net> wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> When was BackPress first added to WordPress? (Which WordPress version
>> number.)
>>
>> I ask because the "Since" version information in the BackPress source
>> files uses BackPress version numbers. I have been including a Since
>> section on the Function Reference pages and I fear the BackPress
>> version
>> numbers would only serve to confuse most users.
> It looks like the functions included in those files were added back as
> far as 2.1.  However those files were added in 2.6.  Previously the
> functions were in wp-includes/script-loader.php

BackPress is more of a two way thing.

It has grown out of the fact that bbPress started by taking some of
the core WordPress code and it is an attempt at pulling out the stuff
that is sharable between projects.

Maybe one day WordPress will use BackPress as an svn:external in the
same way bbPress does.

westi
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5