[wp-hackers] [GSoC 2009] Wordpress CMS UPDATE

Grady Laksmono gradyfausta at laksmono.com
Sun Mar 22 23:27:39 GMT 2009

Hi Everyone!
Thank you for all of your previous feedback! There were many people who said
that Wordpress is already a CMS, but it is also difficult to market
Wordpress as CMS, since Wordpress is usually well known as a Blog system. I
thought for a second to define the Content Management System. Wordpress has
already "manages" content, which is including the blog itself and other part
of the website. Wordpress however, unlike the other CMS system, does not
allow the user to customize the static pages easily like the CMS that I
described on my proposal (i.e. http://sci-vi.calstatela.edu/ -- Joomla). If
you see at the home page are generally always look like boxes, so I thought
wouldn't it be nice to extend the capability of the widgets to do that! In
which would also extend Wordpress into a CMS. I just updated my proposal,
with my proposed schedule, and I would love to get another comments from all
of you.

*URL:* http://laksmono.com/2009/03/18/wordpress-cms/
*password:* wordpress-gsoc

I also have personal experience when I was about to recommend wordpress as
the homepage for our ACM student chapter, now it's here:
http://acm.calstatela.edu/wordpress/ now it looks a little messy because of
the bureaucracy in our school, they never set it up correctly, and won't
ever allow me to set it up, but I also have the same experience as many of
you, our advisor literally just say that he doesn't want a blog system.
Though, my original idea was to allow all officers to be able to write news
updates, and other stuff easily on the website.

Let me know,
Thanks a lot!
Grady Laksmono
www.laksmono.com