[wp-hackers] Plugin Author Best Practices?

Simon Wheatley simon at sweetinteraction.com
Fri Mar 20 18:23:37 GMT 2009

Sweet Interaction Ltd is Registered in England/Wales, no. 6610741
Registered office: 7 Malton Av, Manchester, M21 8AT

On 20 Mar 2009, at 15:33, baker <god.dreams at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking in terms of:
> Best methods of hooking in your JS/CSS (I remember an email thread
> awhile
> ago about plugin authors doing it improperly, but I can't turn it up
> - yet).

Look at wp_enqueue_script and wp_enqueue_style, tgese wrap the methods
of the $wp_scripts and $wp_styles objects other methods off which are
also handy (localize method of scripts for passing dynamically
constructed data like, but not restricted to, translated strings, and
the conditional (I think) method to use IE conditional comments).

> Best ways to interface with the admin panel
> Cacheing/giving the user control on CSS/JS

I'd be interested in any way of getting my scripts and CSS cached by
the Gears powered Turno feature; anyone?