[wp-hackers] Calling WordPress functions on a non-WordPress page

Sudar Muthu sudar at sudarmuthu.com
Thu Mar 19 18:49:03 GMT 2009

Hello all,

I want to include the header and footer of my WordPress page on a
non-WordPress PHP script residing in the same server on a different
directory. I am using the following code on top of my non-WordPress page

require("../../wp/wp-blog-header.php");

get_header();

The above code works fine, but WordPress sends a 404 error code to the
browser together with the page content. Can anyone tell me how to prevent
it?

Also let me know if this is the proper way to do it or is there an alternate
way to do it.

Thanks!
With Regards,
Sudar