[wp-hackers] question about custom taxonomies

Brian Krausz brian at nerdlife.net
Tue Mar 17 17:01:45 GMT 2009

The main developers say custom taxonomies is coming in 2.8.  In the meantime
I wrote this plugin:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/custom-taxonomies/

That doesn't exactly answer your question about binding a taxonomy to a
type, but the structure of the DB doesn't really allow for anything else
right now.  It's a change I could see them making in the future, but not for
a while (IMHO, as I'm not "tight" with the core dev team).

--Brian