[wp-hackers] Re: Internationalizing plugin meta-data...

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Tue Mar 17 14:48:45 GMT 2009

OK, I used SVN and checked out the whole SVN directory. The
makepot.php file now runs, but it is not putting the plugin meta-data
into my POT file.

My plugin header has lines like:

Plugin URI:
Text Domain:

and I have run the script, following the instructions in
http://codex.wordpress.org/I18n_for_WordPress_Developers, using the
command:

php makepot.php wp-plugin your-plugin-directory

A POT file is being generated with the __() and _e() function
contents, but the meta-data information is not getting into the POT
file. What else do I need to do to make this happen? Or am I
misunderstanding the purpose of those scripts?

Thanks,
    Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com