[wp-hackers] Thanks for being a part of my life

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 08:57:49 GMT 2009

Just now, as I was browsing through my old Utilities folder on my file
server, I stumbled across this little gem:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 jeremy users 364970 2005-05-18 21:25 wordpress-1.5.1.zip

The zip file is dated 18th of May, 2005. Yes, it means I haven't cleaned
out my downloads since 2005.

That's the day I first downloaded WordPress, and discovered the joy that
it is. It was love at first sight, and WP 2.7 brings me closer to the
same "magic" I felt in 1.5.1 than any release between 2.0 and 2.6 did.

I would like to take this opportunity thank everyone who made WordPress
what it is today, and what it means to me.

WordPress has improved my writing skills, made me new friends, taught me
about open source software development, given me PHP/MySQL coding
skills, given me jobs, and welcomed me as part of its community. It
means a lot to me.

I know I haven't been active lately, but that's because of study. I
still feel a personal attachment to WordPress, and I hope the project
continues well into the future.

Thankyou for being part of my life -- both WordPress itself, and the
community that surrounds it.

Jeremy.