[wp-hackers] Internationalizing plugin meta-data...

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Mon Mar 16 23:33:57 GMT 2009

I'm trying to follow the instructions in
http://codex.wordpress.org/I18n_for_WordPress_Developers for how to
get the plugin meta-data into my plugin's POT file, for a plugin that
is not in the repository.

This involves running a PHP file
http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/tools/trunk/makepot.php

That file doesn't run, though... First, there's a required file
"not-gettexted.php", which isn't mentioned in the instructions -- this
is not a huge deal, as it could be downloaded from the same location.

However, that second file requires "pomo/po.php" and "pomo/mo.php".
Neither of those is in evidence. Where can I get these? And are there
any other files required by these includes that I would need? And does
this script work once the required files are there? Has anyone tested it?

Thanks,
    Jennifer

ps: I don't think this discussion belongs on the Polyglots mailing
list. This is an issue for all plugin developers, as every plugin
should be internationalized, whether the author wants to provide
translations or not.

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com