[wp-hackers] Registration of plugin options?

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Mon Mar 16 17:48:41 GMT 2009

There was some talk around WP 2.7 about registration of plugin
options, as I vaguely recall. Making it mandatory was dropped for 2.7.
  What's happening in that regard for 2.8? Do we all need to update
our plugins, or will they continue to work in 2.8?

I see a brief mention of registering settings on
http://codex.wordpress.org/Settings_API, but all it has is the two
registration functions listed -- no text, examples, mention of how/why
to use them, etc.

There is also nothing in
http://codex.wordpress.org/Writing_a_Plugin#Saving_Plugin_Data_to_the_Database
or in http://codex.wordpress.org/Adding_Administration_Menus
currently about registering options.

So could someone who knows what is going on either (a) update those
pages in the Codex, or (b) explain here what is going on and ask for
someone else to update them? or (c) (preferable) both explain here
what we need to do to keep our plugins working and update the codex pages?

Thanks,
    Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com