[wp-hackers] Security: username as class in commenst

g30rg3_x g30rg3x at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 15:31:56 GMT 2009

Hi again,

>From previous attempts to promote this related-ideas to go core... i
can tell you that this won't never happen.
Best shot you have is to ask for a plugin (filter) hook.

There is one filter for change it on-registration/insertion of a new
user which is called "pre_user_nicename"
But you will actually need some filter on comment-template.php
function get_comment_class which allows you to change this
over-the-fly.

However as i previously says, promoting hiding the information would
never happen but if you instead ask for a filter/hook then your
chances of getting to core that change will raise.

Regards.

2009/3/11 Frank Bueltge <frank at bueltge.de>:
> Thanks for your answer.
> oh yes, i have read the code and i have see that: user_nicename
> user_nicename is only a small filtered name and it is very easy to see this
> login_name.
>
> Yes, i have write a plugin for me to change this in the database. I think
> this is not the problem. I think, many users use WordPress with many authors
> and community and all peopple have the same problem. Maybe it is possible to
> change the function for set the user_nicename and then is this problem past.
>
> Best regards
> Frank

/**
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended to be viewed only by
the listed recipient(s).
It may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or
exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited without our prior written permission.
If you are not an intended recipient, or if you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail
and permanently remove the original message and any copies from your
computer and all back-up systems.
*/