[wp-hackers] Should Monthly Archive Pages ever return 404?

Casey Bisson casey.bisson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 17:50:22 GMT 2009

Isn't a 404 the only semantically reasonable response?

Something we probably all need to do is make our 404 templates more
useful, though. In the context you describe, it could easily look
ahead and back to the next month/year/period in which their are posts,
while still returning a 404, for example.

--Casey

http://maisonbisson.com
http://scriblio.net